Cendant Timeshare, Inc.
Senior Project Manager, Applications Development
Project Description: Integrate Back Office systems, business rules, business processes and functions of three timeshare companies with combined customer base of 800,000. Utilize existing legacy system for Cendant as global financial system interfacing with reservations, collections, marketing and interfaces with web payment portal. Global deployment on single platform to accommodate disparate business rules of the three companies and operate seamlessly in Brisbane, Australia and North America. System go-live in Australia and North America with zero business interruption.
- Reporting to the CIO, managed team of 43 COBOL programmers and two support staff, also managed interfaces with four other parallel projects through UAT testing to deployment. Provided synergy across lines of business to support all phases of testing from development validation to post implementation defect testing
- Supported a parallel testing process to meet targeted timelines and expectations identified by the business goals
- Ownership of all business signoffs and validation of gaps and retesting of defects and gaps in meeting results as expected. Verified all documentation was met and aligned prior to deployment to production
- Led global deployment planning, conversion and implementation teams
- Conducted & coordinated extensive round-the-clock UAT defect review meetings
- Responsible for applications development on Back Office legacy systems, CICS Cobol on VSE, following Cendant-supported PMI project methodologies